Our ambition is to provide all of our passengers with the best travel experience. Should you experience a delay on your journey with us, our travel guarantee will compensate you for the inconvenience.
The Travel Guarantee
Our commitment is to ensure that you arrive at your destination on time. If we fail to do so, your feedback is valuable to us, as this will help us in providing better service in the future, as well as helping us in not making the same mistake twice.
In case of delays and/or other irregularities on our service we will do our best to:
- give you accurate information
- inform you of alternative transportation/travel options
- if possible – organize alternative transport
If alternative transportation cannot be provided, we will refund your documented expenses for taxi or car, or other alternative transportation – if you are more than:
- 20 minutes delayed on journeys up to 1 hour, with up to 550 NOK
- 40 minutes delayed on journeys between 1 and 3 hours with up to 825 NOK
- 60 minutes delayed on journeys more than 3 hours, with up to 1 100 NOK
For journeys of more than 3 hours, where the delay implies that you can not reach your destination until the day after, you will be reimbursed for the costs of accommodation. This must be cleared in advance by the company you will use or are using, when the journey is canceled or delayed.
Please note that there are often seperate timetables during Christmas, Easter, summer and Public Holidays.
To claim a refund, you must submit the travel guarantee form / send us a letter no later than one month after the incident. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible and at the latest within one month after we receive your complaint.
When does the Guarantee apply?
The right to reimbursement occurs at all sorts of irregularities that are not pre-announced. The refund applies to the use of other scheduled services, taxi or private cars1). If you know that you can get help from another scheduled transport services, you should use that, optionally in addition to the taxi.
Travel guarantee applies for single journeys and when you have transfer in your travels. You must calculate adequate
transfer time in addition to the necessary travel time if there is no permanent correspondence.
Travel warranty is void if it is 20 minutes or less to the next departure according to timetable.
Travel guarantee does not apply if the delay or cancellation occurs in circumstances beyond our or carrier's control, such as:
- government orders and prohibitions, strike etc.
- natural disasters ("Act of God")
- extraordinary conditions (eg. heavy snowfall, landslides, flooding or exceptionally slippery road)
- roadworks or unforeseen problems with the road
- major events or other traffic conditions that affect public transport largely
The travel guarantee does not cover consequential damages of delay, for example that you miss dentist appointment, business appointment or a flight.
1) Refunds of mileage allowances: Only the driver can submit the claim, even if more people are travelling together.
The refund only applies mileage.
When a journey involves a change of buses, the transfer time is defined as follows:
- 60 minutes for change from a NOR-WAY bus to trains, boats, airplanes* or buses operated by other companies
- 30 minutes for change from a NOR-WAY bus to another NOR-WAY bus
If you have chosen a shorter connection time, you are not entitled to a refund in the event of delay or service interruption, even if the journey was booked by using the Travel Planner at nor-way.no.
*Please note that when going to an airport, the airlines check-in-times must be added on.